The grant is closed for 2018. Please check back later for the 2019 grant dates.
At My Word Search, there are few professions that we think are as important as teaching. Without dedicated teachers, none of us would be where we are now, and for this, we are so grateful.
We also know how hard teachers work to make learning fun. Educational games in the classroom make complicated material understandable and memorable for students. That’s why we want to reward teachers for putting in the extra effort with the Educational Word Search Teacher Grant.
Share your educational word search and lesson plan with us, and you could win $100 – $500 for your classroom.
To enter, submit a lesson plan that meets the following criteria:
- The lesson plan can be for any subject. It should include a word search made at My Word Search as an integral component of the lesson. (Standard fees will be waived for grant submissions.)
- The lesson plan is designed for students in any grade between K-12.
- All components of the lesson plan must be solely your work, without the use of prepared educational materials available elsewhere.
- The lesson plan should be one you plan to use in your classroom in the coming year.
How to Enter
Follow these guidelines to enter. Incomplete submissions will not be eligible to earn a grant.
- Create your lesson plan. Use whatever format you are most comfortable with; we do not have a preferred format for the lesson plan. However, the aim or objective of the lesson should be clear (“Students will be able to…”). It should also be clear how the word search will help accomplish the stated objective.
- Create your word search.
- Email us at [email protected] so we can waive the one-time publishing fee.
- Wait for an email confirming your word search has been unlocked. This should take no longer than 24 hours.
- Publish your word search once it is unlocked.
- Fill out the application form. We will notify winners through the email listed in the form.
Remember, no fees are required to apply for this grant. You must follow the steps as outlined above. Applications with unpublished puzzles will not be considered.
We will not own the rights to any submitted word search. All copyrights remain with the creator.
Grant Amounts and Winners
We will choose five great lesson plans that follow all submission guidelines mentioned above. Grant amounts, to be awarded in the form of a Visa gift card, are as follows:
- 1st place: $500
- 2nd place: $200
- 3rd, 4th, & 5th place: $100 each
Winners will be announced (and winning lesson plans will be featured) on the My Word Search blog. Finalists may be selected to win a free subscription to My Word Search.
Submit your lesson plan no later than 11:59 PM EST on August 31st, 2018. Late submissions will not be eligible to win.
Terms and Conditions:
- Any teachers who know any of the My Word Search committee members personally are not eligible to win.
- There is no cost to apply for this grant. We will not request any monies from you.
- The winners of the grant are chosen at the sole discretion of the Selection Committee. The winners and the finalists will be announced by September 30th, 2018.
- Please direct all inquiries to [email protected]. We will do our best to respond in a timely manner.